Summer is here!
Summer Child Watch: Tuesdays & Thursdays: 4 PM - 8 PM
NEW CHILD WATCH HOURS START TUESDAY, AUGUST 19TH
Tuesdays: 5 PM - 8 PM
Wednesdays: 6:30 PM - 8 PM
Thursdays: 5 PM - 8 PM
Fridays: 6:30 PM - 8 PM
WHAT IS CHILD WATCH?
Child Watch provides convenient, short-term, quality child care to parents participating in InSPIRE ROCK activities and programs. Children, ages 2 months – 8 years, may be in Child Watch for a maximum of two hours per day. Parents must remain in the Rock Gym and be accessible at all times. Through creative and fun activities, we encourage learning and positive social skills while fostering the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
CHILD WATCH POLICIES
- Children (2 months through 8 years old) are welcome in Child Watch up to 2 hours per day. The room capacity is 5 children at one time. Service will be on a first come basis. If desired, reservations can be made by calling the office (281.288.7625).
- Because we are not a licensed daycare, parents must remain in the building while their child is in Child Watch.
- Children must be signed in and out of Child Watch by an adult.
- Children need to be signed out of Child Watch by the same person who signed them in, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- If the child is a member of InSPIRE ROCK, child watch is FREE for up to 2 hours per day.
- If the parent is a member, the cost is $4.00 per hour for each child for up to 2 hours per day.
- For non-members, the cost is $6.00 per hour for each child for up to 2 hours per day.
- The parent will sign a log-in sheet at the Child Watch room with the time the child arrives and the time when the child leaves. Any time over one hour will be charged for two hours. Payment can be made at the front desk.
- Child Watch staff cannot accept a child in Child Watch if they have a fever, rash, yellow or green runny nose and cough, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Open wounds or skin irritations must be covered while in Child Watch.
- Staff may not administer medicine, including diaper cream. Please do not bring prescriptions or over-the-counter medicine to Child Watch.
inSPIRE Rock does not supply snacks or food of any kind. You may bring snacks or food for your children under the following conditions:
- All cups, bottles, and snack containers should be marked with your child’s name. We will not give unmarked items to any child.
- If your child needs a bottle, please have the bottle premixed or the formula premeasured.
- Staff cannot spoon feed your child.
- Due to severe allergies, nuts or nut products are not allowed in Child Watch.
- inSPIRE Rock Child Watch staff are unable to take your children to the bathroom. Therefore, parents are encouraged to check on their children every hour for possible bathroom needs.
- Children who soil their clothes need to have their clothing changed by their parent before returning to Child Watch. Please bring a change of clothes.
- Please bring your child in a clean dry diaper with disposable diapers and wipes.
- inSPIRE Rock Child Watch staff can change your child’s diaper, but cannot apply diaper rash cream of any kind.
- All diaper bags must be labeled on the outside. We will not use any items from unmarked bags.
BEHAVIOR:For everyone in Child Watch to have a safe and positive experience, we utilize the following behavior management approach:
- If a child is misbehaving, we will redirect the child to an appropriate activity. We will suggest several alternatives. For children over age three, we will try “quiet time”.
- If inappropriate behavior continues and becomes a safety issue for your child or other children, we will ask that you remove your child from Child Watch for the day.
For the safety and well-being of all children using Child Watch, inappropriate behavior (i.e., spitting, biting, inappropriate language, harm to self, harm to others or property) may lead to a loss of Child Watch privileges for your child or family.
SPECIAL NEEDS:If your child has any special needs please inform the staff prior to check-in. inSPIRE ROCK will make every effort to accommodate your family.
Please help your child have a positive experience.
The goal of inSPIRE ROCK Child Watch is to allow parents to participate in inSPIRE ROCK activities knowing their children are with caring, friendly, and qualified child care professionals.